The principal requirements of this position are good management and problem solving skills and to bring the proven experience to optimize the mineral resources, exploration and evaluation processes.
The Geology Manager provides strategic leadership and ensures that AGA geology programmes are developed and implemented in a high quality, cost effective manner strictly linked to AGA guidelines for health, safety, environment and community relations.
General Mananger on site
We are seeking proven professional with a Bsc (Hons.) Geology. Post graduate qualifications would be an advantage along with the ability to speak French.
Along with a minimum of 10 years dedicated geology experience the successful candidate will be a leader in this broad diverse role, with the proven ability to bring strong exploration experience and geostatistical skills. Proficiency in operating mining software (Datamine) would be advantageous.
- A bias for identifying key issues and building solid relationships while drawing these elements together into coherent frameworks. Capable of developing total exploration strategic initiatives which are linked to overall AGA site strategy.
- Strong understanding of and comfort level working in the AGA environment that creates a value system based on a commitment to care and optimize the unique contribution inherent in each individuals culture and ethnicity.
- Strong results orientation and proactive approach to achieve them.
- Strong skills in “big picture thinking” combined with the ability to align initiatives with overall production strategies.
- Ability to interact with other project disciplines to provide geological information relevant to those disciplines.
- Effectively manage all aspects of geological work in the geological department including production, exploration drilling and geological interpretation.
- Continually appraises process and adjusts as necessary.
- Reviews and ensures compliance with all applicable safety standards and specifications re environmental standards and ensures adequate controls in line with AGA’s policies and procedures are in place.
- Initiate and maintains measurement and performance benchmarks for all initiatives.
- Manage in-mine exploration targets to discover and develop the regional mine resources.
- Ensure all required and relevant documentation is in place.
The successful expatriate candidate will be appointed with an expatriate 2 year contract with a review at the 2 year point. Regular expatriate leave break will apply and remuneration will be in an internationally recognised currency of your choice.
Send us your resume NOW, let us help you manage your next career move.
Resume not current, no problem, want to get a leg us on the rest, complete the an application and the first interview online NOW.