Grade Control Project Geologist
The principal requirements of this position are superior organizational, project management and problem solving skills combined with the proven experience to optimize mine resources and grade control processes.
The Grade Control Project Geologist provides strategic leadership and ensures specialist support in grade control while ensuring optimal best practice standards are implemented and maintained in a high quality, cost effective manner that are strictly linked to mine objectives.
We are seeking a proven professional with a Bsc (Hons.) Geology or equivalent.
along with a minimum 10 years relevant experience in grade control modeling. The successful candidate will be a leader in this broad diverse role, with the proven ability to bring strong grade control experience along with proficiency in the application of grade control modeling and QA/QC systems.
- The proven ability to identify key grade control issues while building solid internal relationships and drawing these elements together into clear relevant grade control solutions that are linked to overall mine strategy.
- Strong understanding of and comfort level working in an AGA environment that creates a value system based on a commitment to best practices standards.
- Strong results orientation and proactive approach to achieve them.
- Ability to align initiatives with overall production strategies and to interact with all project disciplines to provide geological information relevant to those disciplines.
- Effectively manage all aspects of best practice initiatives in the application of grade control modeling and QA/QC systems. Continually appraises processes and adjusts as necessary.
- Review and ensure interpretation of all geochemical and geophysical data to facilitate decision making and work processes in compliance with all applicable standards and adequate controls in line with mine policies and procedures.
- Initiate and maintain measurement and performance benchmarks regarding improvements of grade control and an accurate exploration data base.
- Manage and ensure structural geological models and drill programs are developed and implemented along with appropriate cost controls..
- Ensure all required and relevant documentation is in place.
The successful expatriate candidate will be appointed with an expatriate 2 year contract with a review at the 2 year point. Regular expatriate leave break will apply and remuneration will be in US currency.
Send us your resume NOW, let us help you manage your next career move.